Seoul Foreign School Governance
The SFS Council is composed of members, all of whom actively agree with and support the Christian nature of Seoul Foreign School as set forth in the statement of its Philosophy. Members are appointed by various Christian churches in Seoul, as defined by the SFS Constitution. No member of the Council is a regular full-time employee of the school. The members are elected for two year terms.
The SFS Council:
- Appoints Board and Jaedan members
- Receives audited financial statements
- Reviews/approves the school budget
- Approves mission and philosophy changes
- Maintains SFS Constitution and Bylaws
SFS School Board
The SFS School Board, operating for and in the name of the SFS Council, is responsible for the total program of the school, including all aspects of its operation.
The SFS School Board:
- Reviews and upholds the mission
- Sets the vision
- Formulates policy
- Provides fiscal oversight
- Develops/maintains strategic plans
- Hires and oversees the Head of School
- Collaborates with Administration to ensure continuous improvement
Board members are elected by the SFS Council to a serve three-year term. Individuals may be elected to serve a second term. No individuals can serve on the SFS Board for more than six consecutive years. The School Board is comprised of a minimum of six (6) members who are a parent of at least one (1) child currently enrolled in the school.
Full board meetings take place five times during the school year.
For further information, please contact the Board Email - email@example.com
Mr. Peter Choi, Vice-Chair
Mr. Graham Dodds