Support for Middle School Students
Goals of Counselor
- To support students’ educational, personal, social and spiritual development
- To assist students as they develop skills and an appreciation for life-long learning
- To encourage children in the development of:
- Understanding of personal strengths and resources
- Responsibility and accountability of self
- Awareness of and acceptance of each person’s uniqueness
- To coordinate the Child Study Team efforts for optimal student learning for each student
- To deliver a developmental guidance program with a focus on personal responsibility and safety for all students
- To promote awareness of students’ environment — at school, at home, in the community, and globally
- To work with the school psychologist and faculty to address individual student needs
Individual counseling will be provided to all students in need. Examples of counseling needs include transition stress in adjusting to Korea and SFS, assistance with emotional development and social skills, resolving conflicts, developing communication, stress management, and/or coping skills.
The counselor can help interpret standardized test results for students and parents, supervise placement tests for schools our students apply to, and interpret psycho-eval testing with the school psychologist.
The counselor assists teachers in the referral of students to the Student Support Team, and meets together with teachers and parents to support students.
Explore SFS Middle School
More information about our school