Social and Emotional Well-being
“SFS is committed to a child-centered philosophy that promotes positive social interactions, emotional health, and well-being for our students.”
The Elementary School counselors support the development of Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5 students by monitoring student progress and supporting student learning academically, socially, spiritually, and emotionally.
Through classroom guidance, small group support, individual work with students, parent meetings, child study team meetings, and active involvement, the counselors stay closely connected with students and parents regarding their changing needs. Counselors also help new students adapt to their environment here at Seoul Foreign.
The counselors collaborate with parents, teachers, and administrators to determine how to assist each individual student to ensure his or her success.
The Seoul Foreign School Elementary Counselor:
- Facilitates student development to promote and enhance the learning process for all students
- Concentrates on academic, personal, and social development based on the American School Counselor Association National Standards
- Assists students in finding strategies for solving school or personal concerns
- Helps students transition into and out of SFS
- Acts as a link among students, teachers, parents, and administrators
- Helps develop skills for personal safety
- Supports students’ spiritual growth
- Offers individual and small group support
Explore SFS Elementary School
More information about our school