Parents are the cornerstone of the Seoul Foreign School community.
Working together, the Parent Association (PA) and Seoul Foreign School enrich the educational experience and overall well-being for all students. Strong connections between the PA and SFS facilitates outstanding educational opportunities, fosters appreciation for faculty and staff, and provides opportunities to develop community and connection for everyone at SFS.
The school values and appreciates the partnership with parents of each SFS student. SFS is dedicated to students’ academic excellence, character building, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement.
What is the Parent Association (PA)?
Every parent is a member of our Parent Association, which exists to support the efforts of students, teachers, administrators and our community. The PA is an integral part of the school and we welcome your involvement.
Who volunteers for the Parent Association?
Everyone! We ask all parents to help SFS live out our mission by making an impact on our community. Each and every parent has various skills and talents and offering time giving back to the school makes our community stronger. There are opportunities for all to be involved!
What does the Parent Association do?
PA volunteers contribute their time and talents to enhance the student experience at SFS. From big events to small groups, volunteers enrich our community. Some examples include:
- The annual International Fair, celebrating our various cultures through sharing of traditions, food, dancing and dress.
- Field Day
- Christmas Bazaar
- Parent socials
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
- Community Gala
- Sports Boosters: parents who help our student athletes achieve more by hosting spirit events, providing snacks, and cheering on our Crusaders!
- Classroom volunteers, who help organize field trips, classroom snacks, “mystery readers,” and more.
- Library volunteers to catalog and reshelve books
- Support for the arts! For example, the “Drama Mamas” organize costumes and props for plays and performances.
- Annual Fund canvassers: parents who reach out to the community to help support fundraising efforts.
- Support our Admissions team in welcoming new families from across the globe.
- Act as ambassador for prospective families in our Seoul community.
- And much more! See a need to fill but don’t see it listed here? Let us know.