Students will be billed by the SFS Business Office via email and payments must be made via Korean Won wire transfers to the personalized bank account noted in the invoice. Payments that are not paid within two weekdays (48 hours, Monday-Friday) from the "Invoice Date" will be voided without prior notice. As the office may need to confirm payments, it is advised that parents keep a copy of the wire transfer receipt. Incomplete payments within the payment deadline may not be enrolled in the program or tuition may change from Early to Regular Fees.
External Students will have a one-time 100,000KRW application fee applied to the total amount per student. External students that are children of SFS Alumni can apply as External Students (including the 100,000KRW external application fee) but will be eligible for SFS Student Fees, after Camp SFS confirms the parent’s attendance at SFS. Please contact the Camp SFS Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for price adjustments for external students that are children of SFS alumni after you have completed your child's application.
Students are responsible to wear their Student ID everyday, which are required for check-in and check-out of campus and to ensure the safety of all students during camp hours. Those that do not have their Student IDs will be sent to the Camp SFS Office to receive a Temporary Student ID. A 10,000KRW Replacement Fee will be invoiced to parents for students that have lost their Student ID and a new Student ID will be issued within the next few days. For students who have forgotten their Student IDs at home, the Temporary Student ID will only be valid until the end of that camp day.
Updated January 2024
- Treat the injury/illness, return the student to camp activities, and update a parent/guardian
- Call a parent/guardian for immediate pick-up
- Call an ambulance for the student to be transported to a nearby Emergency Room and notify the parent/guardian immediately
- Remind students of behavioral expectations and direct students towards more acceptable behavior
- If inappropriate behavior continues, students will be reminded of behavior expectations, and parents will be notified of misbehavior
- If inappropriate behavior continues a third time, parents will be contacted for immediate student pick up and students may be withdrawn from camp
Parents are advised to arrange doctor appointments and embassy visits outside the Camp SFS bus drop-off hours.
Updated January 2024