Elementary students in the Primary Years Program at Seoul Foreign School strive to model the IB learner profile which lays the foundation for students to develop and flourish as internationally-minded individuals. We inspire our learning community to model Christ-Like Attitudes and to develop a heart to serve, a mind to achieve excellence, a passion to learn, and the confidence to create change.
We aim to develop a global student who demonstrates personal integrity, embraces educational excellence, and welcomes diversity in everyday life.
Students in the Elementary School explore their talents, embrace inquiry, and learn to see themselves as strong, capable, and resilient learners. We provide students with opportunities to develop an insatiable curiosity for learning through fun and engaging activities that support social, emotional, and academic growth.
Learning through inquiry
A child's investigations across and beyond subject areas will strengthen knowledge and understanding as they explore global, topical and relevant 'big picture' questions and the IB PYP Transdisciplinary themes.
Inquiry-based learning looks like
- Students asking questions, being engaged in their learning and seeing themselves as capable, powerful members of our community
- Students demonstrating ownership of their learning
- Students demonstrating responsibility for evidencing their learning and development through goal setting and an ongoing process of reflection
- Students sharing their voice and making choices in their learning
- Students testing theories, and generalizations to become deep thinkers
- Students embracing challenge and the breadth of knowledge each subject offers us
- Students seeing how deep learning takes place when subjects are connected by key concepts within transdisciplinary units
- Students learn to collaborate, share, take-turns and work together to take action
THE PYP PROVIDES AN IDEAL FOUNDATION FOR CHILDREN TO BECOME SUCCESSFUL, LIFELONG LEARNERS.A central goal of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (PYP) is to thoughtfully and effectively guide students through the five Essential Elements of the program:
- The acquisition of knowledge
- The understanding of concepts
- The development of attitudes
- The decision to choose action
- The mastering of skills