Thank you for your interest in teaching at Seoul Foreign School. SFS is a highly regarded, co-educational International school in Korea with a distinct Christian philosophy that has been serving expatriates in Seoul since 1912.
We are located in a park-like atmosphere in the middle of Seoul, South Korea and currently serve nearly 1500 students in pre-k through grade 12.
Teaching Positions at SFS
We offer rigorous academic programs, including the International Baccalaureate PYP course in our elementary school, the MYP in our middle and high schools and the DP in high school. We also offer a robust British curriculum for Key Stage 1- Key Stage 3. See our Academics page for more details. Our professional faculty is over 200 with over 100 local support staff.
The school offers on & off-campus accommodation and an excellent salary & benefits package that allows for significant savings. Teachers at SFS generally find that they can live very comfortably on our salary and most put a considerable sum into savings each year.
If you are interested in applying for a teaching job in the
International School of SFS, please review the following:
When you are ready to formally apply to our school, ensure you meet the minimum teaching requirements:
- A degree and valid teaching credential in your subject area
- Two years of successful teaching experience in a western school setting, at the specific grade level or subject area of our vacancy
- A personal Christian faith
- Familiarity with current teaching materials and methodologies as well as evidence of recent professional growth activities
- Recent federal criminal checks showing “no record” (or with an accepted letter of explanation accompanying a report of a criminal record – with the exception of crimes against children) from your passport country and your current school country, if different.
- All successful candidates must have a personal interview. This often takes place at one of the several recruiting fairs listed under Positions Available.
Ensure that you have the following information available before you begin the online application process:
- Information on which job fairs you plan to attend in the near future
- Which teaching jobs you will be applying for (see Positions Available)
- A letter of introduction and a statement of how you would contribute to the Christian ethos of the school with your CV/resume – highlighting your abilities with school technology would also be valuable. It would be worthwhile to include contact names and details for professional references as well as personal character references that are from outside of the school environment
- Have your CV/Resume ready to upload with the application form. Please note that there is 150KB restriction on file size and the types of documents that can be uploaded are limited to .doc, .pdf, .txt, .rtf. (You may need to remove large photo files or some other items that involve a lot of memory). Please be sure that your resume includes your contact email and phone details.
- If you applied online during the last two years your application is still active. However, you might like to email me to update your job choices and recruiting fairs. I can also assist in attaching a revised resume if that is appropriate.
Complete the online application here:
Completing this application puts your data, including your resume and faith statement, into our database and allows our administrators to identify qualified candidates for future openings at the school.
Once you have completed the online application, we will review your file and respond to you regarding your application to SFS.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for processing the teaching applications for Seoul Foreign School (SFS), assisting newly hired staff with their transition to SFS, and with the orientation process once they arrive. I look forward to working with you on this new adventure.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.