Seoul Foreign School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), a member of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). The British School was inspected and approved by Ofsted British Schools Overseas (BSO).
Purpose of Accreditation
The purpose of accreditation is to standardize secondary school programs for international colleges and universities. Accredited schools ensure their students have mastered a particular body of knowledge and can be trusted to deliver high quality learning opportunities for their students. Ultimately, the accreditation process demands excellence in education while ensuring continuous improvement.
Importance of Accreditation
Accreditation not only verifies the quality of education; it also supports ongoing growth to create the highest quality learning experience for all students. The capacity of any organization to improve is directly related to its ability to recognize, acknowledge, and act on its identified strengths and limitations.
The accreditation process acts as a vehicle:
- For the whole community to conduct an in-depth examination of the entire school – philosophy, purpose, community, programs and services, facilities, and financial stability.
- To reassess our Mission, and to review the specific objectives we have for fulfilling our goals.
- To gather internal and external data to be used as a basis for school improvement, strategic planning, restructuring, staff development, and setting appropriate priorities.
- To examine itself against research-based standards that reflect the essential elements of a quality effective school.
- To manage change through continuous assessment, planning, implementation, and reflection.