Namsan International Kindergarten
Because it’s never too early to think BIG!
A look at NIK!
Namsan International Kindergarten (NIK) is an independent early years school receiving educational consulting from the long established Seoul Foreign School. NIK is an accredited International Baccalaureate PYP school, providing an international, intentionally designed Early Years education. NIK campus is about 30 minutes driving the Seoul Foreign School campus. NIK’s learning environment is purpose-built to provide a stimulating learning environment for children of 2 to 5 years of age (Pre-K2 to Kindergarten). This is achieved as learning takes place within the context of a spacious, eco-friendly outdoor play area which includes a garden with grassed areas, a sandpit, a wading pool, as well as an indoor multi-purpose room for physical fitness and other extra-curricular activities. Children thrive in our specially designed Early Years environment while developing a love of learning through the Primary Years Programme (PYP), which is an inquiry-based program.
NIK offers a nurturing and supportive environment where cultural diversity is highly valued and appreciated. An inquiry-based learning environment promotes student learning by connecting their prior knowledge with new knowledge. Committed, caring, and highly qualified international teachers provide rich learning experiences and planned opportunities for students to reflect on what they have learned.
Teachers work with children in small groups and individually, meeting each learner at his or her current level of understanding. Teachers purposefully design developmentally appropriate activities that encourage language, social, inter-cultural, sensory and motor skills development. This provides students with the opportunities to build on their existing knowledge to develop new ways of understanding how the world works. For young learners, wondering, exploring, investigating, interacting with others, making connections and trying out their ideas all contribute to the skills of inquiry-based learning.
NIK endeavors to be a caring international community of learners working in partnership with parents to promote a school environment where students feel secure, nurtured, independent, responsible and highly valued.
“Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand.”
~ Chinese Proverb ~
Namsan International Kindergarten inspires and promotes educational excellence, personal integrity, and responsible global citizenship through a dynamic international experience.
Namsan International Kindergarten endeavors to work in partnership with Seoul’s international families and the community to enhance and involve the abilities and skills of the whole child, including his/her personal, social, physicial, and intellectual development.
To Achieve Our Vision, We Will:
- Provide a child-centered, developmentally appropriate, international curriculum
- Encourage lifelong enthusiasm for learning in a safe, well-designed environment
- Collaborate closely and meaningfully with parents to ensure that children are given every opportunity to thrive and prosper, with an emphasis on social and emotional development
- Offer broad and relevant learning experiences in a transdisciplinary context with a focus on the importance of exploratory learning and active play
- Identify and foster every child's abilities and talents and help them reach their full potential
- Encourage children to become self-motivated learners
- Equip children to communicate and work effectively with others
- Instill in each child an awareness and respect for others and the world around him/her
- Inspire children to be happy, confident, purposeful and successful